Dear Members and Friends of the Overlook Auxiliary,
In this season of both reflection and gratitude, I’d like to extend a heartfelt thank you to our members and friends for the generous support of Overlook Auxiliary and Overlook Medical Center. Since 1916, the Overlook Auxiliary has contributed more than $20.7M to the Medical Center community. Today, our organization continues to grow with over 200 members including Jr Twig high school students representing 8 eight area high schools.
Over the last year, our volunteers have put in countless hours, fundraising efforts, and lots of imagination to help the Medical Center focus on its Strategic priorities.
- More than 600 employees participated in the Auxiliary’s three Appreciation Events featuring a Peeps contest in the Spring, pumpkin decorating in the Fall and gingerbread house contest this week. These efforts directly support the Medical Center’s focus on Team Member Engagement.
- We donated $32,000 to Childhood and Adolescent Creative Art Therapy from funds raised at the 2022 & 2023 Art at Overlook Auction and Cocktail Reception.
- We provided $215,000 in additional grants to Overlook Medical Center in 2022-2023. Please see the backside of this letter for a list of impactful grants in 2023.
We thank you for your commitment and contributions and would be honored if you would renew your generosity to the Overlook Auxiliary. A gift of any size is appreciated and tax-deductible. A gift may be made by scanning the QR at the bottom of this letter, or by mailing in the included reply card.
I also welcome you to the corridors of Overlook to view the current Art in the Atrium exhibit. “Art for the Heart and Soul” features 34 Black and Afro-Latino artists and a portion of all sales will support high-risk maternal health patients at the HealthStart Clinic.
2023 Grant Awards
Thanks to generous support of donors like you and fundraising initiatives by our Twigs and Jr. Twigs, the Overlook Auxiliary has provided the following grants and in-kind donations totaling more than $100,000 this year.
- Atlantic Visiting Nurse: Hospice Complementary Therapy program and Camp Clover scholarship
- Thomas Glasser Caregiver’s Center: Magazine subscriptions for waiting room
- Child Life: Amazon wish list items for ER and Pediatric Inpatients, books for Grief Library, craft items and busy bags
- Behavioral Health: Complementary Creative Art Therapy for childhood and adolescent patients (Poet-In-Residence)
- Food Services: Handwritten thank you notes for 120 staff members with $10 Panera Gift Cards
- Employee Appreciation Events: Spring, Fall, and December Team Member receptions
- HealthStart: Two CyraCom Flex Elite Carts used for language interpretation including American Sign Language, Mother‘s Day gift bags, medicine vouchers and 347 Thanksgiving meals
- Mother/Baby: Sleepsacks & CPR kits, Uber gift cards and care packages for NICU families, Echo Dots to provide music in Delivery Rooms
- Radiation Oncology: Blanket warmer
- Nursing Scholarships: Tuition Costs for Pre-Requisite Courses
- Volunteer Services: Refresh area outside Auxiliary offices with new art and furniture
Connect with our 2023 Overlook Auxiliary Board of Trustees to learn more about these grants.